Port IDs & Permits
For appointments, please click HERE
Applicants must have a valid TWIC to be issued a permanent Port ID unless otherwise authorized by the Chief of Police or FSO.
The Port of Galveston Police Department is here to provide for all your port access and hotwork permit needs. We are also committed to the safety of your employees and their families. Effective January 1st, 2021 Port IDs will be issued by appointment only. Hotwork permits needed during office hours will be issued by appointment only, after-hours Hotwork permits can be obtained by calling our 24-hr Dispatch at 409-766-6169. Our new appointment site is easy to use and will help with social distancing in our small lobby.
In accordance with Galveston Wharves Tariff No 7. Effective Jan 1st, 2021. Fees will be as follows:
- Original issuance of a Port Access Badge: $20 each.
- Re-issuance of a Port Access Badge not yet expired and reported as “lost”: $15 each.
- Renewal of Port Access Badge at regular expiration date: $10 each.
- NO CASH - We will ONLY accept CREDIT CARD payments for Port IDs.
WELDING / HOT WORK PERMIT:
- The charge for issuing a welding/hot work permit shall be in the amount of $35 each.
- NO CASH - We will accept COMPANY CHECKS and CREDIT CARD payments for Hotwork permits.
Please do not enter our lobby more than 5 minutes prior to your appointment time.