Minimum Security Requirements
- Port of Galveston is currently at MARSEC Level 1.
- Port of Galveston's Facility Security Officer is Charles Varnado.
- Port of Galveston's Alternate Facility Security Officer is Kathryn Mach Administrative Sergeant Port Police.
- Port of Galveston has the right to deny entry to anyone.
- Access to facility shall be treated as border search & constitues consent to search all vehicles and persons. Person(s) refusing to such searches will be denied access.
- All that enter this facility must possess an approved valid picture ID.
- Person(s) requesting un-escorted access must possess a valid TWIC and official business at the port. An approved TWIC Escort must escort all non-TWIC holders.
- ID’s consist of pictured State Driver’s License, Government ID, Seaman Card, Military, Federal, State or Local Government cards, Port ID’s.
- NO weapons, firearms, alcohol or illicit drugs allowed on facility.
- No unauthorized boarding of vessels.
- NO UNAUTHORIZED PHOTOGRAPHY.
- No unauthorized access to any area designated as “SECURED” or “RESTRICTED”.
- No unauthorized parking on dock apron or next to or between cargos.
- All entries are logged by time, name, tag #, destination, TWIC/Escort status and authorization.
- All cargo and vessel stores entering the Port must have supporting documentation.
- Everyone has a civic duty to report suspicious persons and activity (e.g. anyone not adhering to the policy outlined on this document) to Port Police at 409-766-6169 if considered life threatening contact 911.
- Our levels of alert are identified by U. S. Coast Guard MARSEC Levels, identified by:
- Level 1 – Normal daily security measures taken.
- Level 2 – Heightened threat of an unlawful act against a Port or Vessel.
- Level 3 – The threat is probable or imminent, possible temporary closure.
- Screening measures of personnel, vehicles, cargo, and deliveries will be conducted in accordance with existing MARSEC Level and in accordance with the Ports Facility Security Plan.
- All traffic and safety signs in Port must be obeyed at all times.
- Only authorized personnel and parking are permitted in Port warehouses.
- Port of Galveston Police patrols this facility.
- Any and all Security related questions must be directed to Facility Security Officer 409.766.6112 and or Port Police 409-766-6169.
- To become an Approved TWIC Escort additional training is required per 33 CFR 105.215.