The Port of Galveston's facilities
- 9.3 miles from the open sea, or 30 minutes sailing time
- Alongside the the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway
- At the entrance to Galveston Bay
- On the north side of Galveston Island, with property and facilities on adjacent Pelican Island
The Galveston Channel:
- Has an authorized minimum depth of 45 feet
- Is 1,200 feet wide at its narrowest point
- Provides direct access to the open Gulf of Mexico
Cargo Pick Up and Delivery Information
For more information about cargo pick up and delivery, please contact the Port of Galveston at (409) 766-6169.
For General Information
For more information about the Port's facilities, please contact the Port of Galveston at (409) 765-9321.